Crisis Support


This section provides general advice on how to support someone who is mentally distressed or suicidal; this may be you or someone close to you.

Urgent Support

If you feel like harming or hurting yourself or other people:

CALL 999 or got to your nearest Accident & Emergency Department. You can find your nearest one here


Crisis Support

If you have a mental health problem and are experiencing a mental health crisis you can contact your local NHS Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Service.

Note: If you are under the care of a mental health team and have a specific care plan that states who to contact when you need urgent care, then you should contact the persons specified within this plan.



Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team

Contact Number


0191 275 4949


01429 285 858


01642 835 295

Morpeth (covers Northumberland)

0800 389 1406

Newcastle and North Tyneside

 0191 219 4646

North Durham

0191 441 5738

Redcar and Cleveland

01642 838 300

South Durham (includes Darlington)

01325 552 230

South Tyneside

0303 123 1145


01642 524 714


0303 123 1145